I write books. I want to be a novelist someday.
I don't know if I'll hit 50K this year, what with music stuff and college applications, but... I'm trying anyway... rebelling... continuing my August novel. My goal is to finish my baby, TCW, at last, with help from Nanowrimo's lovely progress graph. I love that graph.
I also write poems and short stories involving magic, science fiction, and murders. My next novel plan is a fantasy children's book/younger YA novel. Should be quite a departure from the blood and sin of TCW.
I like: pomegranates, books with pretty covers and good stuff inside, Florence + the Machine, Marina and the Diamonds, other interesting music, Van Gogh, Harry Potter, good anime, magazines, walking, travelling, learning Spanish, chickens, Doctor Who, Sherlock, carving pumpkins, lots of coffee, knitting, orange juice after school, Norse mythology, globes, Wicked (the musical), more musicals, dragons, Hercule Poirot, playing in an orchestra, etc.
I dislike: panicking about college applications. also tea.
2010: Fisher (science fiction. didn't win nano, largely due to starting somewhere around the midpoint of the month, but this novel eventually stretched to 120K and is still unfinished. probably never will be finished. sigh.)
2011: One, Two, Extras (mystery/supernatural. nanowrimo winner. finished.)
2012: The Crying Women (horror/mystery/supernatural/suspense. camp nanowrimo winner.)
- the middle of nowhere
- piano, clarinet, mandolin, writing poetry, reading
- Favorite noveling music:
- Bohren & Der Club of Gore, Regina Spektor, Of Monsters & Men, Lana Del Rey, Mumford & Sons, Emilie Autumn (instrumental)
- student, work at a library
- Favorite books or authors:
- Megan Whalen Turner, Hilary McKay, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Diana Wynne Jones, Melina Marchetta, Diane Duane, Agatha Christie, Terry Pratchett, George MacDonald, J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Laini Taylor, Arthur Conan Doyle