Want to know more about me? Well I am that quintessential wannabe writer who does not write a whole lot - I am always waiting to figure out that ridiculously awesome plot, or frantically hitting backspace to erase the clumsy sequence of words that just does not work, or trying to infuse my charachters with a quirky absurdity that makes them delightful *resisting the urge to hit backspace*
So in essence I am the perfect candidate for NaNoWriMo - in fact, I fit the profile so well, I have already read all the pep talks and we are not yet in November (you know you are all the same - don't deny it!)
So with a big gulp, and palms already sweating, I am going to do it. I am diving headfirst into this whirlwind. To counter my obssessive backspacing addiction, I shall do 10 sit ups for every time I hit the backspace key - that way, *doing 10 sit ups* if I dont get rid of this ridiculous self-editing, I will at least emerge from NaNoWriMo with a sleek toned midriff that will cause envy *damn, 10 more sit ups* all around!
Luck! (oh and I hear there is beer and backrubs - irresistable combination)
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Really - this is still a question that is asked! I love anything with words - am a complete bookworm, scrabble goddess (yes I said it!) and admirer of beautiful trees
- Favorite noveling music:
- Portishead for angst fuelled writing, Lhasa for writing that pulls the heart strings, Santana for nostalgia and adventure, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan for that deep soulful stuff !?!
- Special Projects at a local publishing company
- Favorite books or authors:
- Where to begin! Authors - Marquez for the audaciously beautiful way he paints images, Kundera for the way he teases my mind (and I want to be a charachter in his novels), Roald Dahl - the man who got me hooked on this elixer of words, Douglas Adams for Hitchhiker which taught me the wisdom of peeing before I opened a page of that book. Oh and Dont Panic