This is only my second year doing NaNoWriMo, but that's only because I only found out about it last year! I couldn't believe my mind when I heard about this and that it had been going on so long without me. I've been creating my own worlds and stories for as long as I can remember and so I was excited to jump into it last year. It was impossible for me NOT to get to my 50K goal last year. I felt like I'd be letting myself and the entire world down if I didn't finish. So I did. And it was the worst novel ever! But, good think I wasn't going for quality. I honestly sat down on November 1st, took a deep breath, and wrote about the first thing that came into my brain. Yes, I have learned the error of my ways. That wasn't the best strategy to make NaNoWriMo easy. It was soooo hard. But I did it!
This year has been much different. I've been writing on and thinking about quite a few different novel ideas throughout the year and as November drew closer, I knew I needed to figure out which one I wanted to live with day and night throughout November. I ended up coming up with a brand new idea and so delved right into creating the characters, setting, timeline, and general plot. I feel so prepared this year!
My goal as a writer is that of any other writer: to get published! But I'm not focusing too much on that this month. This month is all about FINISHING something, even if it's not worth finishing. I'm off to a great start though because it's day 5 and already I'm sharing snippets with my husband here and there. Good sign!
- reading, cleaning up after my children, crocheting, clogging, and doing kung-fu (that's my imaginary hobby)
- Favorite noveling music:
- I can't listen to music while I'm writing, but when I am listening to music, usually in the car, I often imagine my characters in the music and try to invision how they might fit in with whatever is being sung.
- I am a full-time mother of the cutest kids in the world!
- Favorite books or authors:
- Whatever I'm reading, or rereading, at the moment tends to be my favorite. But here are a few that I have enjoyed reading over and over. The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Twilight, The Assassins Apprentice Series, Graceling/Fire, The sword and the Seer, The Eye of the Dragon, Narnia Series, Odd Thomas, Enchanted, Emma, and the list goes on. I'll stop there.