My avatar for this round of NANO is the trickster god Coyote. He's a beautiful statue sculpted by the very talented Karla Zdroik of KamansaKorner Studios. She captured the playfulness of Coyote perfectly. Coyote came to live with me last year and he now occupies a place of honor next to my computer, which is only fair since he's the main character of my Canis Major book series. Aside from dictating his story to me, Coyote also occasionally snacks on guilt monkeys and online trolls. According to him they taste like lemon pepper roasted deli chicken.
Since 2006 I've written Supernatural fanfiction over on FanFiction.net (and sometimes Live Journal). It's been a very interesting and rewarding experience, to say the least. Much thanks to my friend SciFiNut TX who convinced me to try NANO two years ago. My muse was thrilled. My Inner Editor not so much, but she got over it.
I did 115,000 words last year; this year I'm shooting for 200,000.
- Still undisclosed and secure.
- writing Supernatural fanfic, customizing model horses, movies (the louder and flashier, the better) sculpting and painting
- Favorite noveling music:
- Anything goes: rock, jazz, country, classical, you name it
- Disgruntled adminstrative assistant
- Favorite books or authors:
- Discworld, Misery, American Gods, Stephen King, Terry Pratchett, Neal Gaiman, Sylvester Stallone, Clive Barker