I am a poor grad student, and my goal is to get optimal grades while actually doing as little work as possible. Much of this is achieved by flagrant use of procrastinatory techniques. In this respect, NaNoWriMo was instrumental to my success. *Cracks knuckles*
Introvert. Huge geek. Hates sunlight. Likes organizing things in neat rows using Courier font. Addicted to music, especially metal. Secretly hope that the TARDIS will show up in my back yard. ...Yeah, hard-core Whovian. :-)
I mostly write speculative fiction: fantasy, steampunk, science fiction. In those genres, I do a half and half mix of serious fiction, and comic parody fiction. I have also never finished anything, ever. My goal for 2012 is to have a story finished by the end of the year. I am a die-hard pantser. I am also addicted to writing challenges, and usually attempt them around the year with much lower goals, even though NaNo and Camp are the ones I focus on. I'm also the admin of National Novel Plotting Month, which is sort of like NaNoWriMo, but for plotting instead of writing.
I've already linked to my (much neglected) blog, but also check out my dA: http://bobothebard.deviantart.com
The Sword, Soundgarden, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Breaking Benjamin, Nirvana, Tool, 30 Seconds to Mars, Arch Enemy, As I Lay Dying, Blind Guardian, Chevelle, Dark Tranquillity, Delain, Epica, Nightwish, Dio, God Dethroned, In Flames, Kamelot, TesseracT, Dream Theater, Lacuna Coil, Avantasia, Gamma Ray, Katatonia, After Forever, Alice in Chains, Amon Amarth, Unearth, Between the Buried and Me, Cradle of Filth, Helloween, Megadeth, Nirvana, Opeth, Therion, Trivium, Xandria, etc. There are a WHOLE LOT more. XD
- In the TARDIS with the Doctor!
- Baking things that have enough sugar to make a horse diabetic.
- Favorite noveling music:
- Any kind of rock (classic to hard rock) or metal (symphonic metal to progressive to power to death metal.) \m/
- Favorite books or authors:
- Discworld, His Dark Materials Trilogy, Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings, Dune, Ender's Game series, etc., Robot and Foundation series by Isaac Asimov, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, etc. , Terry Pratchett, Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov, C.S. Lewis, Phillip Pullman, J.R.R. Tolkien, Neil Gaiman, Douglas Adams, Georgette Heyer,