Born in Rhode Island, Boofdah has lived and traveled across the United States. She has also traveled to Canada, Mexico, Central America, Ireland, and Eastern Europe. Part of her travel experiences included volunteering as a "ghost editor" for a Holocaust survivor’s autobiography; this work included research and travel throughout Poland and the Czech Republic. Her experiences led her to write her own works about the Holocaust, specializing in Jewish resistance against the Nazi war machine. As a result of much of her research and travels, she has completed "The Partisan and the Prisoner," a screenplay about Jewish partisan fighters during the Holocaust.
Boofdah earned her bachelor’s degree in English and her master's degree in Instructional Technology, and also took graduate-level screenwriting courswork. She has since worked as a writer, editor, and quality-assurance specialist, and has helped to write and edit numerous technical articles, user education materials, and corporate training courses. She has also written and published numerous articles in newspapers, magazines, and computer-based travel guides. To this date, she has completed five feature-length scripts and two screenplay shorts. This is Boofdah's first NaNoWriMo experience, in which she hopes to achieve the incredible goal of finishing her first novel in a month.
- Central FL
- Writing, politics, hiking, boating, fishing, music, film
- Favorite noveling music:
- Traditional jazz or pure silence
- QA specialist for an elearning company
- Favorite books or authors:
- Jon Krakauer, Matt Taibbi, Richard Dawkins, Michelle Goldberg, Alice Walker, Stephen King, Toni Morrison, Art Spiegelman, and P.J. O'Rourke (though I agree politically with the last one on almost nothing)