I'm a long-time magazine writer who decided to put pen to paper (so to speak) and embrace the side of me that wants to write fiction. I have a drawer full of WIP in various stages, from outlines to completed manuscripts simply in need of a final edit. It is simply out of fear -- a mixture of fear of rejection and that mysterious fear of success -- that prevents me from jumping in with both feet and taking the next step. Don't worry. I'm getting there.
I am an extreme Supernatural addict and a Dean Winchester worshiper. I am also a "Superfan" of The Walking Dead," and will kick you out of my house if you disturb me during either. My other television addictions include Charmed (yes, I know it was cancelled but between reruns and owning the DVD collections, I'm covered!), Grey's Anatomy, Dexter, Eureka, Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, L&O SVU ... It would probably be easier to say that if it's primarily based around medicine, crime, or anything supernatural or paranormal, I'm a fan.
Okay, I'll admit there are some reality series I like as well. Face-Off, Hot Set, any of the cooking shows (Iron Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Top Chef, etc.), Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters (are those considered reality TV?), Amazing Race, and Biggest Loser are my favorites.
Favorite movies include: Star Trek (the new one is absolutely fabulous); Avatar; Harry Potter (all); Blade Trilogy; Matrix trilogy; LOTR (all) ...
Then there are those favorite 80s movies: Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, 16 Candles, St. Elmo's Fire, Say Anything, Better Off Dead, Footloose, Flashdance, Top Gun - Yep. I still have big hair. Deal with it.
I mainly write paranormal, medical drama, chick lit and erotic romance (also called "romantica"). However, I have other projects (in one stage or another of completion) in the horror, romance, young adult, and children's genres as well.
I have recently been asked to participate in a fanfiction project. Even though I have never written fanfiction, I have (reluctantly) agreed. We'll see how that works out. Three guesses what it's about ...
- Municipal Liaison
- Ashland, OH
- Photography, Cooking, Music, Movies, Poetry, Books, Dancing, Sims, Facebook & Twitter addict, love watching Football, love to play Volleyball, anything to do with my family
- Favorite noveling music:
- Most recently I like to listen to movie soundtracks. I also love any kind of dance music. I love most music - 60s, 80s, 90s, current, new age, rock, Indie, alternative, Broadway ... It sometimes varies with what I'm writing.
- Freelance Writer / Editor / Photographer
- Favorite books or authors:
- Really? You're asking a writer to list their favorite books and authors? Why not ask a cook to list their favorite ingredients? Or a scientist to list their favorite chemicals? Wow! Okay, well ... There's always Pride & Prejudice; The Vampire Chronicles; The Da Vinci Code; LOTR series; P.S. I Love You; Are You There God? It's Me Margaret; Carrie; just to name a few. The most common authors I like are: Jane Austin; Judy Blume; JK Rowling; Anne Rice; Nora Robers; Emily Dickens; Edgar Allan Poe; John Grisham; Tolken; do you really want me to keep going? I think I'd probably crash your site.