Cat-herder, paper folder, letter writer, NaNo addict, web developer, bookkeeper, tutor, daughter, sister, and most importantly friend...
I found NaNoWriMo in 2005 by accident and signed up on November 7th. Yes, I completed my 50,000 words in three weeks, most of it in the final week. A pattern was set; I haven't been able to change it. My graph will creep along until the final week when inspiration or panic will take over. I know, I know, what a role model.
Each year, I try a new genre. I have no idea what I'm writing until I set pen to paper or fingers to keyboard. I don't outline, character sketch, or plot until November 1st. I trust in the process of free-writing. I may not always win, but I never fail. I do this for fun! I rarely, if ever, share what I've written, and I don't ask others to share unless they want to.
I've been a Municipal Liaison since 2006 and have had a blast every single year. I love watching others work through their novels, commiserating, encouraging, and assisting one another. I work with a team of amazing write-in hosts which leaves me all the business end stuff. My favorite part is deciding on the goodies for attending events and the prizes at the end of the month. How do you feel about marbles?
- Municipal Liaison
- Lane County, Oregon, USA
- Origami, hiking, making lace, creating things from castoffs, sewing, studying languages
- Favorite noveling music:
- Celtic, baroque, scandinavian folk, kpop, country, old jazz. No blues, please no blues.
- Student Success Administrative Support
- Favorite books or authors:
- Maurice Sendak, Dr. Suess, J.R.R. Tolkein, Ursula LeGuin, Mary Stewart, Mark Helprin, Amy Tan, Basho