Dot Hearn can often be found writing at odd hours in late night cafes in Portland. Armed with a soy latte and her laptop, she draws on observations of her world – and others’ – to bring her stories and characters to life. She is a four-time NaNoWriMo winner and participated in the 2011 Night of Writing Dangerously in San Francisco. Her essays, stories, and poetry have appeared in publications such as Prism, Six Sentences, Hermana Resist: Voce, and BlinkInk. She is in the final edit of a memoir, has a novel currently in the revision process, continues to write short stories, and is a regular blog contributor for Portland Center Stage's 25th anniversary season.
- Portland, OR, USA
- swiming, walking, my cat, the beach, creating art, reading, knitting, other miscellaneous activities!
- Favorite noveling music:
- Regina Spektor, Leonard Cohen, kd lang, Gloria Deluxe, Lady Gaga, Philip Glass, Ravi Shankar, Goat Rodeo, Yoyo Ma; honestly, depends on my mood, what I'm writing, where I am : sometimes it's the espresso machine at the local cafe
- Sign Language Interpreter, Mentor, Writer
- Favorite books or authors:
- Natalie Goldberg, Jimmy Santiago Baca, Suzan-Lori Parks, Lucille Clifton, Donna Leon, Bonnie Hearn Hill, Kate Wilhelm, Ariel Gore, Jennifer Egan,