Dr. Barbara S. Palmer, journalist and author has been writing news, features, opinion articles, fiction, poetry, and instructional materials and textbooks for decades. She wrote her first novel at age 14. During her university years, she served as a member of both the journalism staff and the literary magazine staff. Her adult work has appeared in The Los Angeles Times, The Daily Breeze, NEA Today, Focus on Business, and in numerous educational institution publications. Dr. Palmer has co-authored two textbooks, Literature for All, a joint publication of UCLA and The California Literature Project and African American Literature, published by Holt, Rinehart and Winston. She is a member of The National Writers Union, The Society of Professional Journalists, The International Federation of Journalists, Phi Delta Kappa, The World Future Society and The University of Southern California Alumni. She has been a Presenter and Keynote Speaker at numerous domestic and international meetings, conferences, banquets and professional gatherings. Dr. Palmer has taught at UCLA (CAIP), California State University (Dominguez Hills), Los Angeles SouthWest College, San Francisco State University (CACSEA), and served as a consultant to numerous educational institutions, cities, counties and states. She has been employed at Johns Hopkins University in Los Angeles Office for The Gifted and Talented, and in both the San Francisco Unified and Los Angeles Unified School Districts. She can be contacted in Carson, California and Berkeley, California.
***This will mark my twelfth year of doing NANOWRIMO. I have completed 50,000+ words nine times and have attended The Night of Writing Dangerously five times. I am looking forward to the fifth and will spend next year revising and editing my 2011 novel and previous works with an eye toward publication. Stay tuned!
- San Francisco, CA / Berkeley CA, / LA South Bay, CA USA
- Travel, Bike-riding, Wii, Zumba, Reading, Movies, Interior Decorating, Skiing, Water Sports, Hanging Out In Book Stores and Coffee Shops
- Favorite noveling music:
- Zumba, Chris Brown, Barry White, Alicia Keys, Jill Scott, Luther Vandross, Vanessa Williams, Bob Marley, Shaggy, TLC, Aretha Franklin, Norah Jones
- Favorite books or authors:
- The Great Gatsby, Brave New World, 1984, Invisible Man, Madame Bovary, All books by Alexander McCall Smith, The Left Behind Series, Ralph Ellison, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Robert Ludlum, Joel Rosenberg,Steig Larsen, Ray Bradbury, Alexander McCall Smith, Olivia Goldsmith, Michael Crichton, George Orwell, Aldous Huxley,