I'm doing an MA in English Lit and have a mad love of Science Fiction and Weird Tales.
I'm not really doing nano this year. I'm working on my thesis, which is creative, and which may be around 50k, but I'm not worrying about when to start or when to finish. I'll just keep writing and maybe get 50k words in a month, maybe not. I don't care. I'm here for the company of other writers while I write.
I've won nano for the past 7 years consecutively. If you want help/advice, just ask, I won't bite (unless you're cute and smart and ask me very, very nicely).
AIM = tortuedelanuit
I have a mad hate for all things Facebook, so you will not find me there, sorry.
I'm up writing at odd hours outside of nano as well. Feel free to say hello via aim/gmail and keep me company.
- the frozen wastes among the howling winds of the north
- juxtaposing beauty and horror, falling in love, insomnia, killing myself in fiction
- Favorite noveling music:
- tool, rammstein, nin, amanda palmer, the doors, the beatles, a perfect circle, system of a down, the cure
- grad student
- Favorite books or authors:
- h.p. lovecraft, robert e. howard, edgar allan poe, harlan ellison, ray bradbury, stanislaw lem, neil gaiman, the brothers strugatsky, t.s. eliot, emily dickinson, shirley jackson, charlotte perkins-gillmore, robert a. heinlein, gabriel garcia marquez, mikhail bulgakov, leigh brackett, andre norton