I am a (relatively) recent graduate of an English Literature course. It has done me a great service in life - my bookshelves look SUPER.
This year I'm going to break my losing streak and climb to victory. I'll haul myself hand-over-hand up the steep cliffs of fictiondom, sweat pouring from my brow, and plant an entirely non-phallic flag atop the mountain's summit. Then I'll sit down and get my breath back and regret climbing the mountain because it's way high up, like, gosh, so high, and I'll probably cry for a little bit, until the search and rescue people find me.
But I'll still have climbed the mountain.
- Just North of London, in the wilderness
- Blogging (a lot!!), writing, digital doodlin', going for long unromantic walks in central London
- Favorite noveling music:
- Music distracts me from the INNER RHYTHM of THE NOVEL
- By night, a mild-mannered loner; by day, a mild-mannered retail assistant
- Favorite books or authors:
- Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, John Steinbeck, Charles Dickens, Shakespeare, 'The Color Purple', 'The White Tiger', 'Doctor Faustus', the Sherlock Holmes series, Margaret Atwood