I love writing. I just love it. I love books, in general.
I'm a quirky only child who loves writing, reading, and watching TV. I'm also one hell of an introvert.
For most of my life I've checked the "nothing" box under religious beliefs and prefer not to limit myself to religious or political labels most of the time, but a few months ago I attended a Visitor's Day at a nearby Unitarian Universalist congregation and I love it, love it, love it. I've been going there ever since. :) That being said, I don't have very strong feelings about politics (see "labels," above), like Republican v. Democrat, although I do have opinions about certain issues.
Books make me feel safe. That's why I want to make them a career. I'm not a particularly good writer, but if I didn't get all my ideas down in pixels or on paper, I'd probably explode or kill some people. You see now why I don't like people reading what I've written?
Anyway, I'm also fan of stuffed animals, Sherlock, quirky sitcoms, fanfiction, tropes, Futurama, fantastic webcomics, buttons, cozy sweaters…the list goes on.
- The Jelly Baby Palace in the Gumdrop Mountains. ~*P
- Reading, time travel, troping, and tumbling. The latter two take up far more time than the other two combined.
- Favorite noveling music:
- ELO, Chameleon Circuit, Two Steps From Hell, Singin' In The Rain, Hank Green, and the Beatles. Plus, soundtracks. ANY soundtrack.
- Lepidopterist. Like, there is totally no way I'm not. Totally.
- Favorite books or authors:
- Good Omens, Artemis Fowl, Wild Magic, The Chronicles of Narnia, Discworld, Peter and the Starcatchers (Also, to a somewhat lesser extent, the original Peter Pan), The Secret Order of the Gumm Street Girls, Well Witched, Fly By Night, and A Series of Unfortunate Events have remained my favorites since I first read them. Everything else changes, but I always love these. Some of my favorite authors are Frances Hardinge, Jasper Fforde, E.L. Konigsburg, Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, Lemony Snicket, Dave Barry, Ridley Pearson, and a few others. And J.K. Rowling, but that's pretty much a given. Sheesh, that's a lot!