First, I am a Mom. My kids are 11 and 9 years old (one of each). Pre-kids I owned a marketing company, raced sailboats, played golf and generally had a full life. Then at 40, I chucked it all to raise the girl, the boy was a HUGE surprise two years later.
So, now they are in school full-time and the Mr. is looking at me thinking there must be something more to my life than knitting for Haitian Orphans and making Halloween costumes. He does have a point.
On my list of "todos" is writing. ALL of my friends (actual and virtual) are rather insistent. Regardless of how many "reasons" I have given in the past this whole writing thing has haunted me. Now that I have turned 50, I am starting on my new path with fervor. No more "was gonnas", no more "I'm thinking about"... now it is time for DOING... and thus I am participating in my first NaNoWriMo!
- Dana Point, CA
- Knitting, NASCAR, Cooking, Football, probably should include Facebook! I move from obsession to obsession with intense curiosity.
- Favorite noveling music:
- I've never tried music and writing together... a novel concept (sorry)
- I'm just a girl who can't say no...
- Favorite books or authors:
- The ones that I couldn't put down... it really depends on the mood, doesn't it?, F. Scott Fitzgerald, A.A. Milne, Anita Shreve, Anne Rice, J.K. Rowling (do I have to pick?)