Mission: To write 50,000 words in just 30 days.
Should you choose to accept this mission, you will be granted the following equipment:
- Laptop computer
- As much caffeine in the form of Coca-Cola as required
- Candy, namely chocolate
You will also be granted at least two hours each day in which to write 1,667 words or more.
Be warned, you must continue your regular work during your assigned hours in order to maintain your image. Do not stray from this.
Your fellow agents will back you up in the form of moral support and occasional shoulders to cry on. Do not give up. Do not procrastinate. "Just one day off, it won't kill me" usually ends in more than one day off and the death of a perfectly good head start.
Your area of expertise marks you at science fiction and fantasy, with all sub- and cross-genres included. Do not stray from this area without extensive research! Our records indicate you prefer third-person limited as your point of view. Cultivate that style, but don't be afraid to test others; you've shown promise in first person. Your world-building skills are good, but keep at it. Don't be afraid to test out dialects in your dialog. Challenge yourself to be better!
Good Luck, Agent Kit. Our words ... are your words.
(I have been doing NaNo since my senior year of high school, and have learned much along the way. Namely, it always helps to have a buddy you can write alongside, as you can give each other much-needed moral and mental support. If you are ever in need of a sounding board for ideas, your Wrimo Buddies are the ones you should go to first!)
- Tupelo, Mississippi
- Geocaching, video games, movies, reading, graphic design, role-playing, costuming
- Favorite noveling music:
- John Williams, HYDE, Gackt, Nobuo Uematsu, Yasunori Mitsuda, Joe Hisaishi
- Arts & Sciences Minister in the Society for Creative Anachronism
- Favorite books or authors:
- Harper Hall trilogy, Chronicles of Elantra, Dune, Howl's Moving Castle, Ark Liberty, Dark Tower series, A. McCaffrey, T. Pierce, R. Hobb, JK Rowling, A. Norton, T. Zahn, M. Sagara, Fuyumi Ono, F. Herbert, R. Heinlein