Tara Chandler is a high school special education teacher in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She relocated from Indiana after graduating from Ball State University in 2006 with a Bachelor's degree in English (Creative Writing). She is always writing in one way, shape, or form -- journaling, letters, roleplaying, short stories and everything in between. She believes that to enjoy telling a good story, you have to enjoy listening to good stories, too. A good writer should be able to engage the reader with written words as strongly as she might with spoken word. Tara's not there yet, but with a few more WriMos, a little determination, some patience and ego, she's headed in that direction.
I'm a hopeful future novelist currently posing as a New Mexican.
- Albuquerque, NM
- Photography, pop culture, TV & movie junkie, travel, camping, roleplay, girl scouting, trivia
- Favorite noveling music:
- My favorite music to write to is Coldplay, because it does a good job of drowning out other distractions, and I'm not too focused on the lyrical content, so I can drown it out too. Nice ambient background noise to help me focus.
- Educational Assistant, Sandia High School
- Favorite books or authors:
- The Book Theif by Markus Zusak, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman, Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty, Paper Towns and Looking For Alaska by John Green, John Green, Chuck Palahniuk, Megan McCafferty, Phillip Pullman, Michael Palin,