I am competent to survive in a chem lab. I majored in biology with a side of medieval and renaissance studies.
This means that I can spell "medieval" and "renaissance" without looking them up. I do, in theory, know how to make things explode, but I find plagues much more interesting. I really should be writing alchemypunk.
Despite my love of classical music, horses, Latin, military history, and awesome jackets, I am not, in fact, an 18th century gentleman. There has been some confusion over this. I've also been mistaken for a Nice girl, which I am not, although I try to be Good and Right. Except politically, where by USA standards, I am somewhere left of way over there.
I don't like hurting people, but I have no such compunctions regarding characters.
I've been doing NaNo since I was in eighth grade, unless it was seventh? I am not a fast writer, but I don't need much sleep, so it all works out. I'm not very social, so I have no idea how you found this profile, but do nanomail me if you have something to say.
I am @inlilac on Twitter.
- near Chicago
- Horseback riding, knitting, reading Pub Med, avoiding cookery
- Favorite noveling music:
- Handel, Arcangelo Corelli, Elgar, Hildegard of Bingen, WFMT radio, AncientFM, AC/DC, Bond, Secret Chiefs, Damian Suomi, Ruslana. . .
- I work in a chemical plant
- Favorite books or authors:
- Terry Pratchett, Elizabeth Bear, Lois McMaster Bujold, A.S. Byatt, Jorge Luis Borges, Haruki Murakami, Balzac