Lauren E. Mitchell
2012 will be Lauren's tenth year of NaNoing and her fourth year as an ML. She works in a call centre by day and is firmly attached to her home computer by night, yet has miraculously avoided RSI. In addition to MLing and noveling during November, she also co-mods the Games, Diversions, and Other Exciting Forms of Procrastination and the NaNoWriMo Ate My Soul forums.
She enjoys organising her bookshelves by genre, coming up with new ways to motivate her Wrimos, and talking about herself in the third person.
2003 :: Postmodernism Stole My Dingo :: 23,437 words
2004 :: The Littlest Halfling :: 85,794 words
2005 :: The Golden Players :: 64,436 words
2006 :: The Whole Banana :: 50,540 words
2007 :: The Fear Collectors :: 54,345 words
2008 :: The Demon's Daughter :: 50,331 words
2009 :: The Luddite Clause :: 53,074 words
2010 :: The Flutterby Effect :: 50,837 words
2011 :: The Pythagorean Paradigm :: 50,505 words
Coming in 2012: The Transition Equilibrium
- Municipal Liaison
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Reading, listening to music, playing with my cats, playing D&D, attempting to summon up the motivation to run D&D, designing new tattoos, collecting toy wombats, taking over the universe.
- Favorite noveling music:
- Crowded House, Live, Dire Straits, Seanan McGuire, Vienna Teng, Metallica, Shawn Colvin
- Customer service agent and fraud analyst
- Favorite books or authors:
- Kushiel's Legacy, IT, Shadowdancers, Watchers, The Dark Tower, Jacqueline Carey, Stephen King, Keri Arthur, Sally Odgers, Kate Forsyth, Dean Koontz, John Marsden, Terry Pratchett, J.K. Rowling, Seanan McGuire, Mira Grant