I grew up in the Pacific Northwest as part of a typical, fractured family, and I currently resides in Seattle. Writing has always been a part of my life, and I began telling and illustrating stories when I was a child. I strive to capture the ongoing struggle for identity in contemporary America through my writing.
I read. A lot. My favorite authors are usually dead, but include Plath, Cunningham, Eugenides and Bukowski. In my spare time (which is rare), I spend time with my camera.
I'm the author of "Inked" and "The Indie Writer’s Workshop"; the Managing Editor of "Line Zero", a quarterly indie arts and writing journal; and the Managing Editor of Pink Fish Press. I regularly runs workshops on fiction plotting, drafting and independent publishing. For the past seven years I have been involved in National Novel Writing Month, and for the past five I have been a Municipal Liaison in the Seattle area, working with and encouraging writers of all ages and skill sets.
- Municipal Liaison
- Seattle, WA
- music, literature, writing, publishing
- Favorite noveling music:
- Bush, The Verve Pipe, VAST, Amanda Palmer, Tori Amos, Emily Browning, The Dresden Dolls, Jack's Mannequin, The Beatles, Nirvana, Imogen Heap, Graham Colton, Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Owner/Managing Editor of Pink Fish Press
- Favorite books or authors:
- Palahniuk (sometimes), Chopin, Cunningham, Bukowski, Woolf, Eggers, Eliot, Plath