I've wanted to write since I first stumbled onto fanfiction. I was never good at sticking to it till the end, so I began using NaNoWriMo as a tool. 2007 was my first attempt, when I got a good 20 or 30k. I skipped 2008 out of the notion that I could carry on the NaNo spirit afterwards, but I lost it.
Which is why returned in '09. And I realised I needed NaNo back in my life because I'd gone really slack, so I couldn't not do it.
I've had these characters in my head since at least '05. I often change my mind about structure, but I think I'll make it a 5-part series. There's a certain literary quality to the whole series, though the subject varies from vampires to suits. I like to think I can make a thriller out of each book. I'm particularly thrilled with the thought of writing psychological thrillers.
And of course, the whole series will be linked together by the characters of each book and their connections to each other, often through family.
It will most likely be called The Spectrum Chronicles, after the variety of characters written from the perspective of each book. This last book is a combination of different perspectives, between different extremes.
- Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
- Music, Singing, Japanese (studied for 3 years). Harry Potter, House, Merlin, Glee. TV, Movies.
- Favorite noveling music:
- Evanescence. James Blunt, Gackt, Green Day, Linkin Park, All Caps, Lily Allen, early MCR, and Wizard Rock artists like Split Seven Ways, Whomping Willows, Hermione Crookshanks Experience, Draco and the Malfoys, Swish and Flick, Moaning Myrtles, DJ Luna Lovegood, Sectumsempras...
- Favorite books or authors:
- Besides the series' I'm into (Tomorrow Series, Harry Potter, Inheritance Cycle, Ellie Chronicles), Hokkaido Highway Blues, Lullabies For Little Criminals, The Vampire Lestat, and Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime (that one was awhile ago, though). Raised By Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, The Writing Class by Jincy Willett., John Marsden, JK Rowling, maybe Anne Rice, Christopher Paolini.