I'm a college freshman at Olin College of Engineering, planning on majoring in mechanical engineering. I dance -- ballet, jazz, modern, contra, swing, salsa -- and fence foil. I've ridden 152 distinct roller coasters, and my dream job is in amusement/theme park design. But really, mechanical engineering in general is cool, and I really love thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.
I love math more than an engineer should, and I spent one summer doing graph theory research. Graph theory is amazing, but I also really like other types of combinatorics, set theory, and ring theory. I love foreign languages, especially regional languages like Catalan and Galician.
- Needham, MA
- Engineering, dancing, fencing, roller coasters, graph theory
- Favorite noveling music:
- Michael Nyman's Exit No Exit
- Student. TA, grader, and problem writer at Art of Problem Solving
- Favorite books or authors:
- The Poisonwood Bible, Orson Scott Card, Tamora Pierce, Kristin Cashore