I joined NaNoWriMo at the insistence of a friend in 2006 (she'd been bugging me for a while), won that year in word count even if I never finished the novel.
I didn't join in 2007 since I took a job as a manuscript copy editor and didn't think I could edit all day, then come home and turn off my inner grammar freak to write.
Won in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011, again on the word count technicality---too much world building, I think. I'm back again as co-ML this year, still looking to reach that elusive "Finis" and still looking for ways to make NaNo fun (more fun) and crazy (crazier) for Asia::Philippines.
- Municipal Liaison
- Bouncing between Cebu, Philippines, and Manila, Philippines
- reading, playing Guild Wars 2, watching TV shows (lots and lots of TV shows, esp. crime procedurals)
- Favorite noveling music:
- Folk-Rock of the 1990s and 2000s
- Freelance Writer, Editor, and Beach Bum
- Favorite books or authors:
- Chronicles of Elantra (Michelle Sagara), Sandman graphic novels (Neil Gaiman), Valdemar series (Mercedes Lackey), Tortall series (Tamora Pierce), Eve Dallas series (J. D. Robb), 1984 (George Orwell), Chronicle of a Death Foretold (Gabriel Garcia Marquez), Blindness (Jose Saramago), Diane Ackerman, Neil Gaiman, Stephen King, Jane Austen, J. D. Robb, Laurell K. Hamilton, Tamora Pierce, Mercedes Lackey, Maryjanice Davidson, Michelle Sagara