English became my second language when I was 5. During elementary there were years where I loved or loathed reading in class. But one thing never seemed to change: my love for writing. I began writing my first story at 7, and my first 'novel' at about 9 years old. It was also at that time that I discovered the fantasy genre. It didn't take long afterward for English to become my primary language.
For 2012: I'm going to be a NanoRebel this year. I haven't finished my previous novel from 2011 - I must've hit a writer's block just as NaNoWriMo ended, and never bothered to go back (although 100 of 52,135 words were probably deleted during an editing process). The novel has 7 out of the planned 11 chapters written, so there's still 4 chapters (about 20,000+ words) short of being complete. While Nanowrimo might encourage starting a new project, I'd prefer to finish one. As I haven't revisited the novel since I edited it in December, I'll continue to work on my previous novel and the first 52,200 words of the novel won't be part of my word count. I've nearly finished the novel (as of November 27) so there's no point in starting a new one until next year.
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System...
- Reading, 'riting, but no 'rithmetics please
- Favorite noveling music:
- "Solitudes" series, Classical, instrumentals, some soundtracks, Asian pop.... Preferably nothing with English lyrics I could sing along with.
- Favorite books or authors:
- Fantasy series, manga/graphic novel (depends on my mood)