I started writing when I was about twelve but stopped until I was sixteen. I started writing fanfiction to get back in the habit though for the past three years everything has been (almost) original. My first three novel attempts were all original works. I succeeded in getting past 50k on the third try but shoved the "novel" into a dark corner of my mind and it hasn't been touched since.
For the past two years my novels have been inspired by Cirque du Soleil. This is my final year working on the trilogy of those novels (though I have at least two prequels lurking in the back of my mind) and I'll be sad to not be working with these particular characters and worlds for NaNo 2013.
This is my sixth year doing NaNoWriMo and I have hopes of not only finishing my novels but editing and getting them published as well. Eventually. Like...in five years or so.
- Sprawled on the nearest comfortable surface
- Society of Creative Anachronism and blaming Chocolatequeen for her bad influence (Apple, Dr. Who, Community, and NaNo to date) and 98% of any mental trauma I incur
- Favorite noveling music:
- Cirque du Soleil, soundtracks, electronica/trance, Michael Buble, Katie Melua, The Piano Guys, Imagine Dragons,
- Library Assistant II, Cirque du Soleil usher/fangirl
- Favorite books or authors:
- Anything by Mercedes Lackey, Neil Gaiman, Anne McCaffrey, Katherine Kurtz or Nancy Atherton, for starters