Born of the Midwest, matriculated on the roads of America and the streets of her cities, and matured in the bosom of the rolling Palouse hills for the last 33 years or so, I've landed (for the past 14+ years) high on a ridge north of tiny Viola, Idaho. While the focus shifts from time to time, I have always written and still do.
Free gift for NaNo participants: http://write-em-cowgirls.com/nano-offer.php
- Up on the big ridge, 3 mi. north of Viola, Idaho, USA
- Solar cooking and promotion thereof, environment, climate, gardening, health, herbal lore, crafting, being outdoors, country living, alternative energy....
- Favorite noveling music:
- Robbie Robertson (by same) and Everchanging Tides by Kristine Robin (available at cdaby.com). If I'm really tired and trying to push through, then Magical Mystery Tour by the Beatles. Crown of Creation is good for that, too, and I also like Joni Mitchell's Hits for writing.
- writer, solar cooking innovator and advocate, homemaker, gardener, musician,
- Favorite books or authors:
- Hannah Fowler (Janice Holt Giles), The Light Heart (Elswyth Thane), The Outlander books, Tolkein's trilogy, Babel 17, the Pern books, the Darkover books... I could go on and on, and it's an eclectic mix, Janice Holt Giles, Elswyth Thane, Diana Gabaldon, Ann McCaffrey, Ursula LeGuin, Robert Heinlein, Louise Dickinson Rich, Ann Cameron, Kenneth Roberts, .... I could go on and on here, too.