Twenty-something resident of the C-L-E. Aspiring writer/journalist trapped in the body of a law student (gross!). [2012 update: I now have a real big girl job! Basically, I do communications and marketing for a construction/concrete company. It's as glam as it sounds.] Pop culture fanatic and political JUNKIE. I can usually be found having (mis)adventures with my friends and hilarious (not always on purpose) family members. I have a little white dog named Maggie May & am a blonde former sorority girl-turned law student. Yes, I realize that makes me sound like Elle Woods. And, yes, I sometimes hate myself for it.
I've wanted to be a writer since I could put words into sentences and sentences into stories. Seriously, check out the first of my oeuvre entitled "Missy the cat wins a trip to Florida". It's very compelling stuff.
I've dabbled in a lot of different things since college (all legal, I SWEAR!). I've had the privilege of traveling quite a bit, meeting some amazing people and seeing a lot of things. So now comes the time to write about it all.
I've been talking about writing a novel for what feels like a million years (but in reality it's probably closer to 10). National Novel Writing Month is the perfect reason to get my butt into gear and write something fabulous.
- the C-L-E
- writing (obvs), politics, tweeting at random celebrities, attending baby showers of my girlfriends, feuding with my homeowner's association, shoe shopping…oh, and I suppose law school
- Favorite noveling music:
- unlike a lot of others, I work best with REALLY cheesy pop music (britney spears, NKOTB, nsync, lady gaga, katy perry). Serious music puts me to sleep
- law student,communications professional, freelance writer, troublemaker
- Favorite books or authors:
- everything. I'm not kidding.