Orthodox Christian, homekeeper, homeschooling mom of 8 kids ages 12-3 months, I was born an Air Force brat in California and was blessed to see a bit of this country and the world before marrying my best friend in Memphis and coming here to the wonderful upstate of South Carolina to put down roots. Raised with Star Trek and Tolkien, my husband introduced me to Babylon 5 and Herbert, and we have since discovered much more sci-fi and fantasy together. I also love the old classics, from Homer to Austen to Twain, with a good long wallow in Shakespeare. As I'm sure you can imagine, I don't have time for this, and I've never "won" before, but every year I've done better and written more that I would have without this event/site, and that makes me happy enough to keep trying.
- upstate SC
- painting, knitting, sewing, crafting, camping, hiking, theater, home design, traveling, and of course, reading and writing
- Favorite noveling music:
- I love music.....but not for writing.
- homeschooling, homekeeping mom (not necessarily both at the same time)
- Favorite books or authors:
- Jane Eyre, Vanity Fair, Shogun, Crime and Punishment, Pride and Prejudice, Anne of Green Gables series, Lord of the Rings Trilogy and the Hobbit, The Silmarillion, Till we Have Faces, Jackaroo, Homecoming, I never promised you a rose garden, Summer of My German Soldier, The Great Gatsby, Dune, Descent into Hell, Manalive, Ender's Game, To Kill a Mockingbird, Middlemarch,, Tolkien, Cynthia Voight, CS Lewis, GK Chesterton, LM Montgomery, Charles Dickens, Louisa May Alcott, Flannery O' Conner, Jane Austen, George Eliot, Neil Gaiman, Jim Butcher