Tess has been writing since she was about nine and discovered that Power Rangers fan fiction was a magical thing. She upgraded to Star Wars and Harry Potter after that, though she kept writing her own things as well. In college, she studied creative writing, which is less fun to study than it is to do. She also studied children's and young adult literature and realized she wanted to be a teacher.
That decision in mind, she has just completed her MAT/MA in education and children's literature and got sidetracked on the road to teacher-dom by a job offer from an incredible independent bookstore. Now, she is beginning to realize, may not be the best time in her life to do NaNoWriMo, but let it not be said that she thinks before she acts...
- Boston, MA
- Photography, dance (ballet, modern), REEEEEEADING, slumber parties, baking, studying excessively ... actually, no.
- Favorite noveling music:
- Imogen Heap, room mates' opera practice, OceanLab, Garden State soundtrack, George Winston, sister's jazz stylings
- Childrens Bookseller, dancer
- Favorite books or authors:
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Twilight, Persuasion, City of Bones, Demon's Covenant, Little Women, Jane Eyre, Tamora Pierce, Jane Austen, Sarah Rees Brennan, Cassandra Clare, Charlotte Bronte, L.M. Montgomery, Laurie Halse Anderson