The Captain 2006
Writing, teaching, TV work. That's my life in a nutshell! I teach creative writing, young adult lit, and linguistics at Minot State University and write for teens and adults in my free time (what's that?) Not published yet but working towards it. I write some fantasy, mystery/sports (auto racing mainly) and I have a historical y/a nearing the end of a rough draft. I'm also tackling picture books-- a lot harder than they look.
I live in Minot, North Dakota, where the summers are hot and the winters are cold and fall is nonexistent. I'm married to a wonderfully supporting hubby (26 years!) and have a black Lab named Frodo and a 16 and a half year old spoiled beagle named Maia.
My goal this year is to finish 2012 with several completed novel drafts ready to revise and submit. Newberry medal, here I come!
- It may not be the Middle of Nowhere but you can see it from here
- biking, teaching, photography
- Favorite noveling music:
- Rick Springfield, Lady Antebellum, Pat Metheny
- writer, teacher and jack of all trades, master of none
- Favorite books or authors:
- Lord of the Rings, anything by Robert B Parker, A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly, Tolkien, Kim Stanley Robinson, Elaine Marie Alphin, Jim Nelson, Van Reid, Jennifer Donnelly