Aside for the usual "I've been writing since I was a kid", writing is one of the few purest and agonizing joys in my life. Nothing challenges or questions my everything more than writing. I want to master not just all of it, but the spirit of it: the grammar, style, presentation, what have you.
Every day I strive to learn more about the process, try new POVs and styles. I'm no stranger to genres or styles. Name it, I attempted it and even completed it at some point. My interests lie in fiction, poetry, screenwriting, essays (both serious and humorous), and book/music reviews.
I have successfully completed a novella in 2009, my longest novel to date in early 2012, and also many poems and short stories throughout the years. I even got published three times, once this year (my first fiction piece!). Monetary reward is nice, but I truly aspire to reach the masses and educate and entertain.
I'm currently working on another novel project, trying for grad school, while doing my second NaNoWriMo.
Am I ridiculous or a genius?
No. I'm still a ridiculous genius.
- Southwestern United States
- writing, reading, listening to music, playing video games, finding new hobbies, researching various things
- Favorite noveling music:
- Practically anything I have
- Favorite books or authors:
- Angela Carter, Haruki Murakami, Shirley Jackson, Stephen King, Flannery O'Connor, Ray Bradbury, Charlotte Bronte, Madeleine L'Engle, Richard Matheson