They Call Me Shisa
I've lived in Japan for a little over five years, and in that time I've:
*become conversational in Japanese, but not normal Japanese. I speak old-man Japanese.
*gone from occasional two-mile jogs to running straight up mountains to racing in a full-length marathon in Fukuchiyama to limping around in need of a cane. Yay, permanent knee damage
*done half a year of Japanese archery
*done two years of Shorinji Kempo (a martial art)
*started working on a manga
*written a book, and I've
*met, fallen in love with, and become affianced to lightstheway
I've never done NaNoWriMo before! The book I'm planning to write is actually the second in a series.
- Nara, Japan
- Drawing, reading, hiking. Um. My hobbies used to be much more exciting. I need to pick a new sport. One that won't injure me.
- Favorite noveling music:
- Corner Stone Cues, Audiomachine, K-Pop and J-Pop
- Freelance English teacher
- Favorite books or authors:
- Ursula K LeGuin, Robin Hobb, Lynn Flewelling, Ellen Kushner, Jacqueline Carey, Alastair Reynolds, Issac Asimov, Scott Lynch, CJ Cherryh, China Miéville, Neal Stephenson, Garth Nix