In 1997 I published a children's book (in Dutch) at the Bezige Bij http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/vijf+citroenen+en+een+varkentje/search/true/searchType/qck/N/8299/Ntk/books_all/sI/true/sA/303/index.html
and have since written plays and one script for an animated movie, which is currently in production and should be in cinemas in December 2012 (it'll be the movie in theaters when the world ends - a nifty little historical detail :-)
I have been working for much too long on my 2003 nano-novel, and intend to finish a first draft of it THIS YEAR.
Although I tend to succumb to procrastination and paralyzing self-doubt, I shall never quit this writing business.
"Getting what you go after is success; but liking it while you are getting it is happiness."
I am a happy writer (which is probably why it's all taking so long).
- Wellenstein, Luxembourg (Europe)
- Procrastinating, running, scriptwriting, cooking, movies, thinking writerly thoughts
- Favorite noveling music:
- Barely audible baroque music, Patricia Barber, Chet Baker, and Saturday afternoon silence
- Copy writer and voice director at IP / RTL
- Favorite books or authors:
- The Believers by Zoë Heller, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, Microserfs by Douglas Coupland, Zoë Heller, David Foster Wallace, T.C. Boyle, Martin Amis, Douglas Coupland, Natalie Goldberg, John Irving, Armistead Maupin