Right to business. 2008 is the first year I'd heard of NaNoWriMo, and the first year I decided to participate. I've had ideas for stories for years, but I always lacked the impetus to write one out to its completion; I think that's largely because I've always bogged down in the middle. Some helpful articles by Jim Butcher (that's him, next to me in my photo), author of The Dresden Files and Codex Alera, helped me organize an outline from start to finish for the first time, leading me to victory here on NaNoWriMo in 2008. I've come back three years running, and gotten a win each time.
Okay, so I changed my mind; doesn't that kind of thing happen all the time during NaNoWriMo? I still don't have a lot of time to write, but I can't resist the challenge, so I'm in. I got my premise from the "Story Generator" on TVTropes.org; a fun little tool, and this is the first time I tried using it for this. Let's see what happens!
- Soo Bahk Do, Painting Miniatures
- Favorite noveling music:
- If I were listening to music, I wouldn't get anything written
- Engineer / Project Manager
- Favorite books or authors:
- The Dresden Files, the Incarnations of Immortality, the Harry Potter series, the Soul Drinker series, Jim Butcher, Piers Anthony